Watercolor cards with Silhouette Mint stamp

I decided it was time to play with my Silhouette Mint that I got for Christmas, I really like it, I hope to use more material soon, but for now I made just enough stamps to keep me busy!

I wanted a water color affect for my cards this month with Verve Stamp's blog challenge, here is the color scheme to work with, it was super fun!



I was going for a funky fun look for these cards, The colors I choose were bright from 

You will not be able to find these stamps, I designed them with a Silhouette Mint, However you could find some files on the Silhouette Design Store that are similar.

Watercolor can be it's own unique feel so this is what I came up with:


This was a wet onto dry technique

This is my water color version of Bokeh effect, it was a ton of fun to paint, and easy.  I just used different flat size brushes. 


I was able to come up with these cards with the help of Craftsy, in their Water Color Card Class, and Wild Card Techniques. Very good classes if you are wanting to do some fun cards!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I really like the butterflies stamped over the watercolor strips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely cards. Love those sweet butterflies. Thanks for joining us for our Diva Inspirations challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...