A Fairy snack, that my daughter can make

I love that with a little bit of help I can let my daughter (7yrs) make her own breakfast, or snack. This cookbook has helped with that motivation, to let her do the work, and let mommy take a back seat for a change! Yeah, crazy right?

I have to admit, the condition was perfect when I gave her the cookbook. I like most parents knew the day was coming that she was going to loose a tooth, and when that day came, I usually give her a small trinket toy,  (think dollar general toys.) I didn't really have a trinket that night to give her, so I went into my present stash, If you are a couponner you have a stock pile of almost everything- presents included. So When I realized that I had this Fairy Cookbook in my stash It was a perfect present to give my daughter from the "Fairies" and her tooth fairy Twinkle gave this cookbook to her. She loves the cookbook! I like that this book also helps her read and learn how to enjoy cooking in the kitchen.

We thought that this was a great recipe to add to our breakfast routine.

Here's how we did it:
Make a cream cheese mixture of a pkg (8oz) of cream cheese with about 1-2 Tablespoons of cinnamon sugar mix it well, we used a butter knife to mix it. you can use less sugar, and cinnamon.

Un-crust 4-6 pieces of bread, we used whole wheat bread, then flatten out the bread with a rolling pan.

Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the flatten pieces of bread, then add the jam.

Roll up the bread, and slice each piece of bread in quarters. then add a bit of cream cheese on the top of the roll, and add sprinkles.

I like to serve 4 slices at a time with milk for a festive breakfast!

If you are liking the idea of having helpers in the kitchen this cookbook is a great resource to have children help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...