Lisa's easy Chicken noddle soup with Reames frozen noodles



Chicken noodle soup is so darn easy to make, seriously, it's crazy easy I call this the cheater way since my kids don't love spice. This is my method:

buy a turkey/chicken when it's super cheap, roast it, shred it, freeze it. (this is the hard part.)

Now onto the soup:

Add 6 cups of broth, or make your own (I make my own here is how)

Add dehydrated celery, (I buy celery like once a year when it's on sale, to dehydrate it, to put it into soups.) or chop up 1 cup of fresh celery.

Boil, the broth/water mixture, If you buy store bought broth, don't add too much water. I would add like 1 cup of water for the noddles.The hard part about knowing how much water to add is then boiling down the water for the taste.

 Once it's boiling, add 1 cup frozen cut carrots, and frozen noddles I like Reames frozen noodles let it boil for about 10 minutes

Add the thawed chicken or turkey about two cups, (remember you already have it shredded and froze it when it was super cheap.) My price point is about $1/lb for poultry

For the spices, I love mixes that are all ready done for you. If you are going for that real classic recipe by all means measure out each ingredient, I don't have time for that, so I use parsley and Italian seasoning, with a bay leaf. Remember that green spices have antioxidant in them, so the more you can get away with the better. So I use about 2 table spoons of parsley and about 2 Tablespoons of Italian seasoning. I didn't need to add salt, but you can.

Let that simmer for a bit, (I do about an hour) and your soup is done. like If you have all the prepwork done before hand it's super easy!

I have also used a thickener to make the broth more hearty, by adding about 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream to the broth at the end before I let the soup simmer. (that's really good too.)

Here is the original recipe that isn't tweaked by me!
http://www.marzettikitchens.com/kitchens/recipes/detail/109/classic-chicken-noodle-soup-recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...