Homemade baking mix (jiffy Mix, bisquick)

photo credit
Do you go through a tom of baking mix at your house? I thought so, I will admit I love pancakes! So instead of waiting another two months to get our baking mix on sale (I am all out of baking mix.)  instead of having my family deprived of pancakes I would make a batch or two of  home made baking mix at a fraction of the cost. Since a 5 lb bag of Flour was on sale a couple weeks ago for .99 I stocked up, and now I hope I got enough until November when flour will go on sale again.

Go here for more information on the recipe

Ingredients

  • 6 cups All-purpose Flour
  • 3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
  • 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
  • 3 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Salt
  • Preparation Instructions

    1. Sift all your dry ingredients into a mixer bowl. note: Add 2 Table spoons of vegetable oil to every 2 cup mix when using the mix.
    I like to keep this in a large tupperware container in the fridge. Use it just like you would Bisqui … your favorite baking mix!

    I used a 21 cup Rubber Maid air tight canister, and doubled the recipe.

    Go here for Jiffy  recipes to use with your baking mix (my favorite resource)
    Go here for bisquick recipes to use with your baking mix

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...