A free tool that changed my life

Morning pages saved my life!
I love how I feel after a 3-page writing session, it's my crack if I were a drug addict.

Here are some of the reason's why I love writing

I get to the other side of things, You may ask, what is the other side? It's when something isn't sitting right with you, maybe it was a thought that you just can't get out of your head, or maybe it was words that someone said that didn't sit well with you, maybe it's an idea that is wonderful but you have no idea how to implement that idea. Simply put you get all your frustrations on a page and then realize the real meaning behind why you feel the way you do. It's life changing, I think the world would be a better place if everyone took 30 minutes a day or even 30 mins. twice a week to get to the other side of things.
I often go back and re-read my morning pages and highlight ideas that I want to remember.


Writing helps you dream. It gets dreams out of your brain and into a place that you can see what you are thinking. I may never get to have my dream blog that I want, but at least I can dream and write about it in my morning pages. Morning pages can give me hope and faith in my dreams. It's a place to dream up the craziest dreams. I remember writing about 9 months ago about wanting to just go do Disney world, and how that won't happen, a powerful thing happened: 9 months later we surprised our children at Christmas that we are going to Disney World, and I can't wait... Dreaming is a powerful thing, and writing it out is even more powerful.

I plan, I explore other ideas, and just like that as if it were truly a magical experience, I get ideas, thoughts to problems that can be solved, an a-hah a hah moment, a way to deal with whatever issue I am facing. Recently my two sons are boycotting everything I make for them, words were exchanged by DH and I, I cried, and felt miserable for two days, After writing about it on the third morning, I figured out what to do... (spoilers for an upcoming blog post.)



Sometimes When writing I stare at a blank page, I know what I have to write about it, but it doesn't make it any easier. You see I have pride, lots of it, and I know that when I start writing my pride goes away and I am left feeling vulnerable. Yup, that's why it took me 3 days to write about the meal issue in our house. It happens every time but I am better off, and can usually get to the root of the problem with problem-solving strategies.

I can vent, seriously no one likes to hear me vent, I save that for my morning pages while venting I take stock of my emotions, and it's almost like a therapy, I can validate my feelings, and my injustice and then get to the other side of it. And it feels really good to just say what I want to say without hurting someone. Most often I can offend my family because I didn't have tact, I really like to tell it like it is, and I have hurt the ones I love the most with unkind words. Since I don't plan on sharing these morning pages with anyone in the near feature I  can be as tactful as I would like. (although I do hope that my children will get a good laugh when they are older and read them.)

some of the journals I have kept. Nothing spactacular!


Writing helps you heal! Mental abuse and other Abuse doesn't go away just by writing, but writing it out, can manage some of the hurt and pain that comes from the abuse.  There are days when I feel like I am just like my parents (mentally abusive.) I know I am not, but that ghost of the Nursery is real and it's enough to drive anyone crazy, Especially me. I don't like talking about it, I feel like no one can relate to me, so I write about it. Sometimes at the end of the writing session my soul feels nourished and free. It doesn't change the fact that it happened but by perspective has changed, and so has my soul, Writing helps me feel grounded to the world that I have created with my loving husband.


When you are in the healing process your sense of self is altered a bit, Writing helps you feel grounded, and have a sense of who you really are, Last year I wrote five affirmations to help me become more creative and find joy in my artistic talents, I wrote out five of the affirmations 3 times each day, for two weeks, It changed my life. If you are feeling less than your best, try it, you may be amazed at what comes next.  Try it, This is a great way to start journaling. I remember thinking to myself, I probably even wrote it before I wrote my affirmations for the day; with a thought like "this isn't really going to work, this is a waste of time". Maybe it was until the last couple days when I mentally saw my thoughts change to: I am glad I painted today, I really am able to bless the world by using my artistic talents! (one of my affirmations I wrote down 3 times for two weeks.)

I would love to know:  Do you journal? Does writing prompts help you? I love reading comments, please comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...