Nauvoo Bread

I really enjoy making bread, and since this has been a cold rainy day I thought my house needed some bread aroma to come home too, super yummy and surprisingly easy to make. I also like to make my own bread because it's about $1 a loaf, I get three out of mine so I am saving about $6 every time I make my own bread. My two cents about bread are: make sure the water is warm enough for the yeast to froth, and add only 9 cups of white flour, and 1 cup of wheat germ.

 Here is the recipe:

5 cups hot water
1/2 cup potato flakes
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup powdered milk
2 tablespoons salt
1/2 cup oil or 1/2 cup shortening
2 tablespoons yeast
10 -14 cups flour
Directions:

Combine hot water, shortening, potato flakes, powdered milk, sugar.
Stir to dissolve shortening, if using shortening instead of oil.
When temperature is tepid, add yeast.
Mix in 5 cups flour and the salt.
Stir to a smooth sponge.
Add flour to make a smooth and elastic dough.
7 Let rise until double (about 45 minutes).
Punch down and let rise again.
Shape into loaves let rise.
10 Bake in 375°F oven for about 35 minutes.


Read more: <a href="http://www.food.com/recipe/nauvoo-bread-248503?oc=linkback">http://www.food.com/recipe/nauvoo-bread-248503?oc=linkback</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...