Paper Nativity





I love handmade nativities, so when I saw this nativity file from Carina Gardner. I thought this would be a great paper project for a cold morning. So it was, it was a fun easy project to put together. I  used some two tone brown paper for each shadow box with some white and black paper for the accent colors. The project came together quickly, which was a blessing this time of year, I have a ton of projects to do and not enough time to do them so this was a great project to "whip up"
It's a tradition that we display a handmade nativity (partly because I can't see spending money on a nativity when I can "make" one.

To give you a run down of some of the notes that helped me as I went, it's going to take about 2 12x12 sheets for each shadow box.

I bought four of the five shadow box files that she has, I opened them all up in one document on the Silhouette Design software, un-grouped everything, and then grouped all the white pieces together, and all the black pieces together for easier cutting.

I assembled the shadow boxes and I did glued the taps by the slits on the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...