My version of Ham and Cheese squares

I love those recipes that you can whip up and have it in the oven in like ten minutes without doing many dishes. This recipe is it, especially on those Sunday mornings before we go to church. Here it is. This is from memory, you know the one's you make like more than you should.... yes and it's really tasty!

Lisa's Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares (adatpted  for Pampered Chef)

1 bag of tater tots (I didn't use the whole bag, but could have...) $2.00
8-9 eggs $.75
1 cup milk $.75
1/4-1/2 chopped peppers (I roasted, chopped it in a food processor, then froze mine until I needed it.)
white pepper, or regular pepper  $1.00
6-8 oz of deli ham (your favorite or one that you picked up at the store because it was on sale, with a coupon and you had a store coupon.) $3.00
1-2 cups of cheddar cheese (less if you are counting calories) $2.00

Spray the pan with oil so the eggs don's stick to the pan.  I covered the pan (13x9) with tater tots, and baked it at 350 for about 10- 15 min. just long enough that you can still touch the tater tots but that it's not still hard from the freezer.ted peppers and pepper to the mix. whisk until it's all incorporated. let it sit.

Then:
sprinkle the cheese and deli ham on top the tater tots, add the egg mixture to on top  Place in oven for about 15-20 minutes.

Serve warm, it should have about 10 servings. at about $10 for the dish that fed my family of 5 twice.

What I actually did was not use a 13x9 pan, I started off with that,but realized that I need to make an egg dish that doesn't have any peppers to it if I wanted my kids to eat before church, so I put the egg mixture into a medium bar pan, and made a smaller batch of egg mix that went into a small bar pan. It worked that way, so if you are making two different type of egg dishes or something you can make it work for your liking,

For a variation I will add sauteed veggies or mushrooms with other deli meat, Or for a more savory option I have used a clove or two of garlic pressed into the egg mixture. This recipe is really just the bare bones to what you could add to the dish to make it yours, I have been know to use ground up pork sausage instead of ham too!

I hope you try it, let me know how good it is, as I really love those easy yummy recipes that really only takes 30 minutes from start to finish!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...