Christmas Trees with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor set


It's that time of year to start thinking about sending cards in the mail! I love making my own cards, this year I really dove deeper into watercolor, and wanted my cards to showcase my love for watercolor! I love all the avenues that watercolor can take you on, for example, this card shows a lot of value, even with just one color! Which is why I chose Gansai Tambi from Kuretake. In this card I used olive green and red gold for the trees, a simple and stunning watercolor effect!


This card was "easy" it's done with a stencil, I was watching my art shows on youtube, and came across this video,  it was exactly what I was looking for. I had a stencil already cut from the silhouette design store, so production of this card was simple. I will say it took a couple of tries to see what I liked and and how I was going to go about doing this, then like with the art process it just clicked and I knew what I was doing. for the top card I used a mop brush and just sketched the stencil with minimum brush strokes and let it dry, then with a detailed brush to add some yellow gold to the trees to give it some shimmer.  The bottom card I used a flooding technique, or a wet into wet technique to get those blooms you see with the yellow.

I got to say, that with the Starry colors that Kuretake came out with to use with the other watercolors, is a great addition to your paints, I also like the fact, that if you are a limited pallet user like me, you don't have to go with the 36 color set just to get the gold, and silver paints, you can buy just the starry colors and mix it with your favorite color to get a metallic look!

For the Merry Christmas I used some gold paper from Michaels, in the serene paper pack, cut that out using the miss kate cuttables
 Merry Christmas sentiment, and some wood grain patterned paper. I then used some decorative tape from Hobby Lobby to add some extra gold to the bottom of the card to anchor it.

I thought I would give you a peak into what I am working on next with these amazing watercolor paints, Spoiler, I am making some backgrounds to go with some way cute graphic style layered cards, I can't wait to post them soon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...