16 Other uses for shampoo:
- Use it as a spot cleaner and it will remove stains. To get the yellow off of the collar and cuffs from a shirt use shampoo as a pretreatment.
- Clean out hair combs and brushes. Soak them first, then scrub them completely clean.
- Clean paint brushes. Place a few drops of plain shampoo on the brushes. Then rub and rinse clean.
- Clean woodwork, floors, doors, etc. around the house.Use shampoo in a bucket of water and mop or wipe down.
- Spot clean rugs and carpets with a dab of shampoo and a clean rag. Rinse the areas clean with tap water and blot dry.
- Lubricate squeaky hinges.
- Clean chrome and make it shine. Mix shampoo with baking soda, and rinse thoroughly before buffing it dry.
- Wash nylon hose and delicate panties. Put a dab of shampoo in the water instead. Swish it around to mix, then wash as usual.
- Clean your car. Put a half cup of shampoo in a bucket with water and make a sudsy solution. Dip a sponge in the bucket and wash the grime off your vehicle
- Spot clean upholstery.
- Clean your bathroom. It does work as a good tub cleaner. If you’re out of toilet cleaner it works well there too. It also does a really good job of cleaning fiberglass sinks and tubs.
- Revitalize leather shoes and purses. Instead of mink oil a little shampoo and a clean rag will do the job. Rub shampoo into worn areas in circles to clean and bring back the color of your accessories. It will protect your shoes from salt stains as well.
- Clear a stuck zipper. Put a drop of shampoo on a cotton swab and dab it onto the zipper. The shampoo will help the zipper to slide free, and any residue will come out in the next wash.
- Wash houseplant leaves. Make a soapy solution with a few drops of shampoo in a pot of water, dunk in a cloth and wring it out, and wipe those dusty leaves clean.
- Clean the grill rack from the oven.
- My favorite: Hand Soap, just pour it into your soap dispenser and use it in your kitchen and bathrooms!
So maybe we wont have to spend money on 10-15 different cleaners, let Shampoo do it's job, if you have a great Idea for shampoo we would love to hear, please leave a comment!