Print and Cut on the Silhoutte


Hello, I thought I would post a fun card that you can make, I used my Silhouette and Sizzix Big Shot for this.

Materials used:
Cuttle Bug Happy Birthday emboss folder and Big Shot
Silhoutte
Kodak ESP Printer
Staples card stock (best deal for card stock if you do a lot of print and cuts)
Hobby Lobby girly spring paper
and Pop Dots (Can't seem to get away from these cute little guys)

1. Cut card base out of white card stock, to fit an A2 Envelope. (half a sheet of 8.5x11 folded in half)
2 Run the front side of the card through the Happy Birthday embossing folder through the Big Shot
3 Cut a frame out just a bit smaller from the card base. Then Glue to Card Base.
4 Print and Cut out a birthday cake using your home printer and Silhouette. (my notes: I found the birthday cake by searching and downloading a cake, I then traced it with the Silhouette's design studio.)
5. Use the Font Champagne & Limousines to write Happy Birthday, and find a shape to do a print and cut. (For the print and cut shape I took the shape from a scrapbook kit sold at the silhouette online store re sized it to fit what I needed. I also print and cut both the cake and the Birthday wish at the same time, to save on paper.)
6. Once I printed and cut out I used some shimmer Chalk to add some color to the frosting on the cake. and Inked around the edges of Birthday Wishes. Then I used pop dots to adhere the sentiment and birthday cake.

I would love to know what you think! I made about twenty of these, and give them to my friends that have birthdays.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...