Distress Ink: 3 ways 1 resist stamp


I love when I can have endless options to create with one tool, one stamp, one color, it makes me happy! so when I saw this Penny Black Stamp I had to have it, I knew that I could do a lot of fun things with it. During an afternoon I was able to make about a dozen of cards with this one stamp, I started with stamping and embossing white and black, with about 4 of each color. I like to stamp ahead because I mess up a lot and if I don't' have extra then it's more work in the long run. 


My First card was to watercolor with distress ink, I like the way that the Distress Inks are water-soluble, and they do a great job blending like watercolor.

With an acrylic block, I put some distress ink on, I used Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, and Fire Brick Red. With those 3 colors, I was able to get a Vibrant orange. I used a water brush to paint on the ink knowing that I wanted all the colors to blend and chose accordingly to what I thought would work, (not much thinking process with these Analogous colors.)

For the sentiment I used some watercolor paper inked the paper with the red and mustard seed ink and then sprayed the paper and let the colors blend, then I cut out the dovetails and stamped a sentiment, backed it onto black card stock and was done, I did this three more times, (didn't want to have to redo this step if I messed up on down the line.)  I like this card because, with the extra bit of work it took to paint the butterflies, it was really a fun card to create!

This one was a super easy 5 min, card to make (my favorite when you need a fast card.) I used the same colors as above, but really any friendly colors will work together! I inked the embossed card panel, and then inked the card in a diagonal line, then got my spray bottle out and sprayed it and let it dry, that's all, then  I adhered a sentiment I had left over.














 
Monochromatic blending butterfly resist


The last one was also a simple and easy way to make a beautiful card, I made this for a gal that loves all things blueish purple, and I thought that Faded Denim and a darker blue ink (from CTMH) I used a cosmetic sponge to blend the colors to create this background. It was done, I didn' t want to overwork the color. A simple scrap of periwinkle blue paper and a white embossed sentiment worked perfectly to complete the card!



To learn more about watercolor cards take an Online Class with Angela Fehr, (who inspired this card.) Here is a 20% off coupon for the class. Totally worth the time and money!






























Affiliated Links, by clicking on the product and purchasing them you are supporting my blog.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...