Distress Oxide with Stencil card



Sympathy cards seem to go fast, I am always in need of an elegant sympathy card. When designing this card I came up with the idea of having a background, foreground middle ground for a simple composition. 

I used a violet distress ink for this card panel, I used Tim Holtz wildflower and dot grid stencil and a stamped sentiment from LawnFawn on Vellum. Here is how I did this card:

I started with an A2 size panel and did a  Variegated Wash with violet Dioxide distress ink. Then once that was dried I used the wildflower stencil and inked it with white ink and then embossed the white ink with white embossing powder.

After that was cool to the touch I took the dot grid stencil and lifted the ink off where I wanted it, I used a light hand to remove the ink, I was paying attention to where I wanted more white space. 

Then I cut a scrap of vellum and stamped with Ranger Archival ink and black heat embossed the sentiment. adhered the vellum to the panel, then adhered the whole panel to an A2 card base. 

I Also did this in a three toned background with Dina Wakley Scribble Sticks and loved the results of that. 
 Affiliated Links, purchasing from these links help support my blog


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...