The best way to use up scrapbook paper


Do you have some paper you love but don't know what to do with? I know I do!!! So let's have a paper flower party!

Here is what I do:
Get your Silhouette software loaded with lots of 3d flower shapes, and have then ready to cut.
I have some flower files that are just ready to go on the Silhouette design software that all I have to do is load a 12x12 piece of pattern paper, or 8.5x11 cardstock and hit start, and it starts cutting  my favorite flowers that I use all the time!
Take a day (or an hour here and there) to cut paper.


You can't go wrong with a Gerber Daisy. 

I like these roses because you can make them as full as you want, or as small as you want, there is no limit as to what size and how many layers you want. This rose file makes short work of cutting too!

Pair big patterns with bigger pedals for a dramatic look, I like the look of these flowers, it's unexpected, and yet looks elegant enough for a bouquet. 

Daisies have a great way of making interesting pattern paper look amazing! All those bold and monochromatic or analogous paper you have from years ago because of hoarding tendencies will look like a beautiful Daisy when you were done. (one 12x12 sheet = one full daisy with lots of layers.

Paper florists will spend one day just cutting out their flowers, and then another day assembling them. So having a paper flower cutting party really helps with workflow. If you have a ton of flowers to make this method is the best way.  Of course having extra doodads around helps bling up the flowers a bit I get most of mine from Hobby lobby in their scrapbook section called spare parts!


So what kind of occasions do you see paper flowers working out well? Soon I will be working on dance recital bouquets!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...