Did you know: Pop Corn, the best frugal snack there is!

Popcorn is that wonderful smell that radiates the house, or the theater when it's popping is one of my favorite smells! To me Popcorn is a comfort food, it can be a healthy snack or meal if you want it to be and you make it right. I love the fact that it's a whole grain and it's easy and inexpensive to enjoy.


Like all good things come I was talking to a friend and she said that she never buys microwave popcorn it's way too expensive she said, But your kids eat popcorn like ever other day I said. from the microwave, I have seen her do it! Ah.... it's because I do it myself... and it's better that what you get at the store... HOW????

I find myself eating a lot more of this whole grain goodness now that I really know... Here is how:




It all starts with this Guy: a microwave bowl cooker, it's awesome! I use it just for popcorn.

Then....
If you are like normal people go to the store and buy the normal size of kernels and oil.. or do what I do: Sam's club sells a 25lb bag for like $6 I store the corn kernels in plastic frosting tubs from our local bakery. (it holds like 1/2 the bag, so I got two of those frosting tubs to hold my kernels if you ask the bakery they usually give you the tubs.) I washed and dried the tubs and I was good to go!
Note that the .27 pennies cost is for the regular Jolly Time popcorn and Orville popcorn oil. 
Then you need oil, I use coconut oil sometimes, most of the time I buy the regular popping oil.

put1 tablespoon of the popcorn oil, and a 1/4 cup of kernels in the bowl, and microwave it for about 3 or so minutes, I like to listen to when the popcorn is done popping, so I don't burn it. And there you go! For 27 pennies, you have a perfect snack. and under $10 you have popcorn that will last you for a while! Pretty awesome right?

pop this in the microwave and then you get this golden ready to eat goodness!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...