Birthday cards

I love making birthday cards, and hate buying them, so every year I make a batch of birthday cards, to last through the summer. Thank you Silhouette for the inspiration and files!

The first one is very girly, (love the color scheme) I did sketch the birthday cake and sentiment but I think it would be faster and just as effective if you did a print and cut, I wanted to try out the sketch pen holder out, sketching it seems to make sense. I used what seemed a ton of pop dots for these cards, but it's all about the pop so I went with it! The file is the a2 birthday step card by Lori Whitlock from the SOS.




Next birthday card that I made I wanted to have a feel of fun and brightness. I use my kids as insperation alot of times and right now we love bright colors, (we might be ready for summer also) So I went to the Fiesta Paper Pack from DCWV.  The Silhouette file I used was Tri-fold balloon card



 I decided to cut t to fit an a2 envelope, I used the back part of the paper as the front since I like the simplicity of the white, and I was going to cover most of it up with patterned paper of the balloons. I used pop dots the balloons which I thought made the balloons have some depth. I also inked the edge with some distress int that  blended well into the paper.  I like this file/project because it was a simple assembly and once you had the size right and the paper picked out you could make a bunch in no time, it looks like you took a long time to make it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...