This fantastic French onion soup makes a hearty meal. Start the soup in the morning and come home to a no-fuss dinner.
PREP TIME 15 Min
TOTAL TIME 5 Hr 50 Min
- Reynolds™ Slow Cooker Liners
- 3large onions, sliced (3 cups)
- 3tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 4cans (14 1/2 ounces each) ready-to-serve beef broth
Cheesy Broiled French Bread
- 8slices French bread, 1 inch thick
- 3/4cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- 2tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Place Reynolds™ Slow Cooker Liners inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -qt slow cooker bowl. Make sure that liner fits snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl and pull the top of the liner over rim of bowl.
- 2 In lined slow cooker, mix onions and margarine.
- 3 Cover and cook on high heat setting 30 to 35 minutes or until onions begin to slightly brown around edges.
- 4 Mix flour, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and pepper. Stir flour mixture and broth into onions. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours (or high heat setting 3 to 4 hours) or until onions are very tender.
- 5 Prepare Cheesy Broiled French Bread. Place 1 slice bread on top of each bowl of soup. Serve immediately.