Apple Butter Gift

Apple Butter is so good on home made bread! When my mother In-law said it would be nice to make some for the Grandma's I thought duh of course I can and while I am at it Make some for all the other wonderful people I know! Apples were plentiful this year in Iowa, like double the yield than normal! so every one I knew was making apple treats this Autumn. I am blessed to have a friend that had access to two very yummy apple trees this year.

My apple butter recipe is from pickyourown.org ( I love this website for ways to preserve produce, great tips on how to preserve fruits and veggies, I also like it for dehydration.

now on to the fun part, decorating the cute quilted mason jar.

For the Bow on top I used Silhouette Honeycomb bow Design ID #27126 For the paper I used Paper Studio Christmas gold foiled paper, Red polka dot for the bottom layer and the honeycomb layer I used the gold leaf paper in the paper stack.

For the Tag, I used a simple tag that came with the soft ware, and the Apple Design ID #31555, I used ribbon red and white striped ribbon that came from Hobby Lobby's fabric ribbon section and adhered that to the tag towards the bottom.

I attached the bow with hot glue to the lid, and used red bakers twine to attached the tag to the jar.

I can see this bow working for most things that need that extra something on top of a lid, so enjoy decorating your food gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...