Doing this 10 minutes every day for 2 weeks changed my whole life!



Spring flower interpretation from 2/2017
Wait! What? Really doing this small thing for two weeks really will change my whole life? Y-E-S! Without a doubt it will, and I am not the only one that thinks this, just search for the power of Affirmations. Ok, I rest my case. Here is a good article.

My experience: and it's transforming me into something amazing:

I remember a good friend said, maybe you need to do some affirmations, tell yourself you are good and better than you think. Hoey stuff I said, that's for people that have real problems, I don't have that issue.

Later that year, or in that same season of my life, I told myself, Hey: you really need to love yourself and learn how to become who god wants you to be.


Spring flower interpretation
All good stories of my life starts at the mall::  I was in Barnes and Noble and the book was right there as if it was placed in my way for just me! The Artists Way, I was familiar with it, my college professor swore by it, and recommended it to me personally. I was too good for it back when I knew it all. This time I bought the life changing book, and started the 12-week program the next day.

Week one is about feeling safe, and you start to feel safe by letting your own mind heal from all the negative junk that is holding you back from becoming who you and god want you to be.


How do you start to become better you ask? You do that by Affirmations. Yes, the ones where you say something nice about yourself, not just once but 30 times a day for two weeks.

Is it crazy talk? You do it and decide, your life will change! You, my dear friend, will be happier for it, and your family will notice a difference.

I know what you are going to say: I totally have control of my mind and thoughts, I don't need to tell myself that I am awesome, I sorta already know that.
wild rose interpretation, Windsor & Newton wc, round brush 14
  

What Affirmations do for you is changing what you think too how you think...

Here is a small exercise to do:

List me something you love about yourself, be detailed, don't skimp.
Was it easy? Did you know right way what you would say to yourself?  NO right? why, because you need to change the way you think. It's that simple.

Ok, now tell me something that you don't like about yourself...
(Really? you have something that fast?) isn't that funny?

We are so negative to ourselves it's horrible. Just plain horrible!

Inspired by the hymn lead kindly light From my sketchbook

Affirmations really are the antidote to kindness.

To be very transparent

My affirmations from the Artists Way
(I picked three out of the 20 she provided)
1 .My creativity always leads me to truth and love.
2. There is a divine plan of goodness for me and my work
3. I am willing to let God create through me

Last year my three affirmations were:
1. I am allowed to nurture my artist
2. I use my creativity to heal myself and those around me
3. Don't be afraid to use my creativity to bless others, because of my creativity I am serving my Father in Heaven.

I can't tell you how many times I would send a small piece of creativity to a friend, or someone I was thinking off, (like a teacher, a friend.) It brightened up their day and made them feel happier. One of my mantras now is:

Go to bed feeling like the world is a better place because of you. (Even if you demanded time alone in your studio to work on your art while it could have been a family day.)

Try it, write three affirmations, then for two weeks. Write them down ten times each, I usually do it in one sitting but you can do it throughout the day. It will change your life, or at least your perspective!

Need some ideas: I listed some good links
For the visual learners
For mothers on a side note, this is a great post to read!
For the family, I really like number 8 on the list....

Do you have a good Affirmation that works really well for you? I would love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...